5 THINGS WE LEARNT FROM A DAY UNDERGROUND AT THE GIN MARE COCKTAIL COMP
1. Wow, ask people to send in their favourite way of drinking GM to win a trip to Ibiza and you'll get a lot of inventive entries - although whoever suggested serving it on ice needs to put a little work in next time.
2. Bartenders beware - People who've never worked a shift 'behind the stick' actually really know how to rock a comp, we saw octopus salad pairings, printed out menus, chalk boards, and even a video made in Gerry's (link), plus no one forgot to put the gin in… Pro's take note.
3. Even on the hottest day of the year, the possibility of winning a trip to Ibiza is enough motivation to make a group of completely sane people spend the hottest day of the year underground mixing up cocktails.
4. Gin Mare goes down way too smooth – the G&Ts were flowing all afternoon, and man these consumers could drink… good stamina.
5. The winning drink is called the Gin Mare Elixir De Vida, by Nastassja, and it sounds a bit like this
50ml Gin Mare
20ml lemon juice
1tsp white truffle honey
2tsp olive brine
A pinch of rosemary
Shake and serve over ice, with a splash of sparkling water for a winning drink.
See you in Ibiza!! Thanks to all that came down, check out our Facebook album to check out the drinks!....