Not for kids.
Ice cream. So bloody easy to make yet everyone is always mega impressed when you serve it up at a dinner party. If you're a fan of a frozen marg, you're gonna dig this v. cool recipe that blurs the lines between pudding and after dinner drinks. The best bit? No ice cream machine required. BOOM!
- 125ml lime juice (approx 5 or 6 limes)
- Zest of 3 limes
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 3 tbsp Cointreau
- 150g icing/powdered sugar
- 500ml double cream (you can sub in a vegan cream here if you want - just make sure it's the same consistency as double cream)
Just remember, booze doesn't freeze the same as water. As tempted as you might be to add in an extra slug (we get you) DON'T. That sh*t won't freeze and you'll be left with the sloppy corpse of a creamy margarita which while probably still delicious, won't impress as much when dessert time rolls around. You can always add a shot over your ice-cream when you serve if you really want.
- Pour the lime juice, zest, tequila and Cointreau into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the cream and then softly whip until thick and smooth - but not stiff! (If you have an ice cream maker you can totally use it for this bit, but you really don't need to. But we would recommend an electric whisk cos ain't nobody got time - or energy - for hand whisking)
- Spoon this into an airtight container to freeze
- Take it out after an hour or so and give it another quick mix around to break up any ice crystals that might have formed
- Leave to freeze overnight
- Serve in sugar and salt-rimmed Margarita glasses (come on, you've got to!) and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Blow your guests god-damn minds
Recipe adapted from nigella.com (thanks babe) and imagery sourced from Pinterest