This sh*t is bananas.
Whether you're doing it for charity, doing it 'cos you fancy Paul Hollywood (guilty) or doing it because you really like banana bread and don't just wanna post it on the gram, here's how to get baked baking the BarChick way.
Makes a decent loaf, 8 slices (6 if you're feeling greedy).
What You Need
- 50ml dark rum
- 175g plain flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 125g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 bananas (4 if you're feeling a fancy garnish)
- Pinch of salt
How To Make It
- Whack on the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a loaf tin with butter and baking paper
- In a large bowl mix together : sugar, softened butter, 2 beaten eggs, 50ml rum
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and 3 mashed bananas
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin
- Slice a banana in half length ways, lay it on the top and pop it in the oven
- Cook for 45 to 60 minutes
- Take the loaf out the tin and leave to cool for 15 minutes
Serve with a side of neat dark rum